TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: My ZCON2017 Recap!
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: My ZCON2017 Recap!

Posted by Dallas DamonZ on July 02, 2017 at 11:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 509 times.

In Reply To Re: My ZCON2017 Recap! posted by NextZ on July 02, 2017 at 10:23 PM

Message Longish story I need to get into the Z-Lab blog.

I didn't notice it until after I unloaded from the last track outing. Moving it in/out of the garage it was smoking pretty bad. I had finally connected the boost controller the last 2 sessions of the last track outing and maybe I had blown a turbo or something? Pulled the TB hoses and no oil in there, so maybe a turbine side leak? but it would smoke immediately on start so it had to be on the intake side of the cylinders, not burning off in the exhaust once it got hot. Pulled the balance tube and there was a ton of oil in there. Cleaned the catch can, nothing terribly unusual there. Replaced both PCVs even though they were OK (but oily). Noticed the oil level in the engine was stupid high? OK.

The Accusump had dumped completely out to the oil pan. Found out the engine oil pressure sensor for my Accusump controller was perpetually at 125+ PSI as a failed state and that was causing the controller to leave the valve open and dump an additional 3qts into the pan. Replaced the sensor (actually built an updated controller w/ shift light, fuel and water temp readouts in the meantime (thanks Gary!)) and it thankfully cleared up with some high G corners to flush out the plenum.

BTW, where were you the rest of the time @ ZCON? I saw you once in the lobby bar and then no more.

Later

Click here to e-mail me!Click here for Twin Turbo Zs of Dallas!

When was the last time you *really* did something with your Z to call yourself a Z enthusiast?

Member #1 PETZ

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.